Monday 6 April 2015

The ocean on the walls

I have always loved the ocean, it's kind of like salty water runs though my veins (although if that were true I am pretty sure I would be dead right now) whenever I am by the sea, wether its at walberswick beach or on my grandfathers boat or even looking down on it from a plane, i feel safe and in a way I feel like I can take on anything that the rest of the world throws at me because I can rely on the sea to constantly move and change and wear away at the rocks, just like people do only the sea is strong and HUGE and both angry and calm, heroic and villainous, beautiful and deadly, it both inspires people and breaks them, and that is why I love it so much because the ocean is a bit of a hypocrite just like the human race. In truth the ocean has always been just like us and barely anybody noticed because people tend to see the ways everything is different for example the ocean has a body made of water whereas we have a body made of DNA and cells, the ocean is seen as endless but is not on the other hand we individually see ourselves as small pieces in a very big puzzle that is the human race and yet our possibilities are endless
Here are is one of my personal mermories to do with the ocean...
I was in Woodbridge with my younger sister "Ignis" and my grandfather to spend some time on his boat. We found that the tide was at its lowest, meaning that it was impossible to get on the boat without injury unaided, my grandfather, being the resourceful man he is, soon found a ladder that gave us safe passage onto the boat, the only problem was that you had to look down as you climbed down a senile looking, rust covered ladder onto the unappealing and very far away mud that would be your very sticky landing pad if you were to fall. My grandfather went first, facing the ground, he teetered down the ladder onto his boat (we shall call it "the Tolstoy") Ignis was eager to get it over with and put her foot on the first rung.
long story short, she freaked out.
Anyway once Ignis was done with her ten year old tantrum and decided to stay on shore, I quickly climbed down and sat myself on the edge of the boat the bottoms of my pink and black wellies skimming the small amount of water that remained near the edges of the boat. And suddenly I had an idea. I slid from underneath the safety barrier of the boat and into the water. The cold tickled my toes through my wellingtons. Suddenly my feet began to sink into the mud I clung to the side of the boat as I hauled myself up.
I came home my trousers dripping with cold water, my toes stuck together and my fingers white and bloodless with cold...
anyway please leave your favourite memories with our fantastic ocean in a comment! (but only if you want to)

No comments:

Post a Comment